Sustainable Development.Social Entrepreneurship.Exploring Pushkar.
Relax & Have Fun
Get valuable feedbacks
See how a village is making itself sustainable from the ground up.
This is an early morning drive on a weekend, before sunlight kisses the earth, before the city starts to wake up. This is about meeting new people, those who have revolutionized their identity, like an illiterate farmer who has now become a solar engineer. It is about deep philosophical conversations late night, with minds just as crazy as yours, while soaking in a pool. These are just glimpses from this social entrepreneurship trip to Pushkar.
On this two day trip, we will be visiting The Barefoot College in Tilonia, a 40-year old organization which is developing new ways to nurture, support and empower women from all across the globe. With its existence in 1300 villages in 80 countries worldwide, it has developed various village-based solutions such as the eco-sanitation re-fittings, grey water processing systems, expanded rainwater harvesting and the recycling initiatives, to name just a few. Barefoot Solutions address 14 of the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals for large-scale, sweeping, global impact.
This trip gathers those ignited minds who believe in innovation from the roots, those who realize the need to make the rural India self-sufficient and sustainable; and for everyone who intends to bring in a more practical alternative to the current education system.
We invite you to a relaxing evening at a property located amid sand dunes where you can enjoy stunning views of the Pushkar Lake, the Ghats and the surrounding Aravalli hills. All of this while finding business synergies is just exquisite.
The trip includes a meagre contribution of Rs 500 (per person) towards The Barefoot College to help them sustain and impact a larger number of people.
Destination : Barefoot College, Tilonia & Pushkar
26th-27th August 2017
Day 1, August 26
At 8 am, we meet for a quick breakfast at the Jaipur’s famous GulabJi’s on MI Road. Right after breakfast, we leave for Tilonia in self-driven cars with some loud music and a hell lot of fun on the road.
At Barefoot College, we get to interact with students from all over the world. Through a tour of the college, we will learn how they have grown to impact 1300 villages in the world. After spending some hours with the students and taking our lunch, we will leave for Pushkar.
Getting ourselves nestled in our rooms and refreshed, we gather up for a quick session. Followed by dinner, the night will unfold into endless conversations by the pool.
Day 2, August 27
Now we get to explore the culturally rich town of Pushkar. Getting up early morning (not so early) we gather up and get out for some breakfast. Our morning will be spent exploring the lanes of Pushkar and indulging in the varied experiences that the town has to offer.
We will check-out after breakfast and start on the drive back to Jaipur.
- From all the applications, we will shortlist entrepreneurs based on parameters that make this trip a real experience for people joining it.
- We will call shortlisted candidates & have a quick voice call
- We will inform the selected candidates via email.
- If selected, one need to make the payment
- Some time before the trip you will be invited to a closed Facebook group/Whatsapp Group
- Stay for one night on triple sharing basis (on the basis of gender)
- BreakFast (26th & 27th), Lunch (26th Aug), & Dinner (26th Aug)
- Travel starting from Gulab Ji’s at M I Road, Jaipur and ending at Statue Circle, Jaipur. (Subject to change)
- Unforgettable experience with like-minded people
- Travel costs from your location to Jaipur & back
- Enroute meals in bus (on road - if any)
- Personal expenses such as Mineral Water, All Drinks, Laundry Charges, camera fee, etc.
- Expenses incurred by reasons beyond our control such as road blocks, accidents, natural disaster
- Any kind of insurance, medical or/and emergency Charges
- Anything else not included in the itinerary
- Alcohol. Bring your own booze.